Pride Guide 2017
The 2017 Fairfield County Pride Guide is your source for all things in the LGBTQ community in Fairfield County. You can read the Pride Guide to check out LGBTQ events in your neck of the woods in Fairfield County. The 2017 Fairfield County Pride Guide will also feature articles form local LGBTQ writers and contributors, ads from supportive businesses, news and announcements, spotlights on our sponsors, and so much more.
Triangle Community Center will print hard copies of the 2017 Fairfield County Pride Guide and circulate them leading up to June, Pride month. Additionally, the Pride Guide will be published online and on Triangle Community Center's social media. Overall, the Fairfield County Pride Guide will reach thousands of people during Pride season.
Important Info for Advertisers:
- Deadline for Pride Guide advertisement submissions is Friday, May 5 by 5 PM EST.
- Your advertisement must be in one of the following formats: PDF, PNG, JPG.
- Submissions should be sent to Layne Gianakos at Layne@CTpridecenter.org By the deadline. Later submissions are not be guaranteed to be in the final Pride Guide.
- Returning advertisers are entitled to a 20% discount.
- If needs be, TCC is happy to facilitate designing an advertisement for you, however, in such scenarios, we will add a $100 design charge because of the work our design team would have to do. To design an advertisement, your request must be approved by Conor Pfeifer at Conor@CTpridecenter.org.
- If you have a community event that is specific to the LGBTQ community, it may be eligible to be published in the Pride Guide for free. Events determined to be eligible will have their events listed on the Pride Events calendar in the Pride Guide, and must provide:
- Event title
- Event time and date
- Website for hosting business/organization, if applicable.
Pride Guide Creative Writing Submissions:
We love seeing creative works supplied by local LGBTQ writers and their allies! In order to supply engaging and relevant content for the Fairfield County Pride Guide, please consult the below steps to craft your submission. We encourage you to get creative within the theme supplied below! We encourage short stories, articles, poems-- if you think you can write something good for the Fairfield County Pride Guide within the below rules, we would welcome your submission.
- Deadline for Pride Guide creative submissions is Wednesday, April 26 by 5 PM EST.
Theme for submissions:
- Creative submissions must speak about LGBTQ life and experiences.
Creative submission requirements
- Word count: 500-750 words
- Submissions must not be promoting a product, brand, etc. Submissions may not be overtly political/explicitly supporting a candidate for public office. Profanity and explicitly sexual language is discouraged. Any language that denigrates a class of people based on their gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, religion/religious affiliation, race, or sexual orientation will be summarily disqualified from publication.
- Must be submitted online as a word document.
- Submissions should be sent to Layne Gianakos at Layne@CTpridecenter.org.
Note: TCC does not guarantee that each submission will be published in the Pride Guide. Submissions will be assessed subjectively, in addition to the objective criteria above in order to balance quality and overall content.